You have dedicated time and effort to your research, with the intention of contributing to your field. We will ensure that no language barriers stand between you and the research world.
Let our experts translate your work accurately from multiple languages into English. You can be sure that the translation maintains absolute accuracy, is free of language errors, and retains your unique voice. Our highly trained translators all have native English-speaker levels of competence, with advanced degrees in a wide variety of subjects.
We offer translation for the following languages:
- Chinese (traditional and simplified)
How it Works
We follow a four-step process to ensure that you receive a manuscript that retains the original meaning and is ready to submit to a journal.
A translator converts the manuscript into English, focusing on the technical language and subject-area conventions.
A bilingual expert checks the accuracy of the translation and ensures that your original meaning is conveyed.
An experienced reviewer checks for punctuation, grammar, language style, formatting, clarity, and fluency.
A senior reviewer checks that all your requirements have been met before sending you the final, submission-ready file.
Additional services and post-translation support services
We provide a number of free, value–added benefits to help you make the most of our expertise. You can be assured of assistance from our expert translators and editors even after we have sent you the translated manuscript. Check out the details of the free benefits we provide and our post-translation support services.
Free Manuscript Formatting
It can take a lot of time ensuring that manuscripts comply with your target journal’s guidelines. Let our experts help you. We format your translated manuscript to meet with journal Instructions for Authors.
Here are some of the aspects that our experts will check:
- Does your manuscript comply with the word limit?
- Do the figures and tables follow the journal style?
- Does the manuscript follow the language style required?
- Have the references and citations been presented as specified?
- Have you followed the overall layout requirements such as margins, spacing, alignment, and section breaks?
Free and unlimited questions & answers (Q&A)
Often, authors would like to communicate with the translator who has worked on their manuscript. Our Q&A service means you can ask your translator questions about your article at any point after you have received the translated file, at no additional cost.
Here are some common questions our translators receive:
- Could you please reword this paragraph?
- Could you please explain your interpretation to me? I would like to know if your writing expresses my meaning more effectively.
- I am not sure if the translation conveys my intended meaning fully.
We guarantee that all manuscripts translated by our experts will meet the standards required by the international publishing industry. If you find that the quality we have delivered does not meet your expectations, we will re-work the entire manuscript at no cost and ensure all your requirements are met, no questions asked.
You can use the free re-translation service if you find that:
- The translation is inaccurate or does not convey the original meaning fully.
- The quality of English in the manuscript does not meet publication standards.
- Your instructions have not been followed.
- You are dissatisfied with the overall quality of the manuscript, and can cite specific instances.
- Your manuscript has been rejected by the journal because of the quality of English language.
Note: The free re-translation service is available if there are obvious errors or issues, and if you have not made major revisions to the manuscript.
We issue an editing certificate on request, confirming that your manuscript
- has been edited by a native-English editor
- has been checked thoroughly for correct grammar and language
- is of publication quality
Have you revised your manuscript after we translated and edited it? Would you like our experts to re-edit it for you? We offer a 60% discount for authors who would like us to check changes made to manuscripts that we’ve previously worked on.
Our re-editing support service will benefit you if:
- You incorporate suggestions made by your supervisor.
- You implement changes proposed by the journal editors/reviewers.
- You make further revisions to your paper after it has been edited by us.
Whatever your requirement, we offer complete re-editing support right up to the final version of your document. Simply bring us your revised document and get re-editing support at a 60% discount.
Frequently Asked Questions
QA: What guarantees do you give regarding the quality of translation?
Our translation services include a thorough translation, edit, and review process. Once the document is translated by an experienced translator, the translated document is reviewed by a bilingual expert to check that the author’s original meaning is unchanged.
We guarantee that the quality of English in all documents edited by T&F Editing Services will meet the standards required in the international publishing industry. This guarantee applies to every document edited by us, regardless of service, deadline, or fee. If your manuscript receives unfavorable comments from the journal because of the quality of English, we will re-edit your manuscript for free, as long as you have addressed all the editor’s notes and comments and not made significant changes to the edited manuscript before submission.
QA: How is your translation different from regular translation companies?
Academic translation is slightly different from regular translation. Having translators who are active researchers in your area of study ensures that they know the technical language of your field in both English and your native language, guaranteeing the most accurate translation possible. We also include a quality review for every translation in order to provide the most accurate version of your important research. Moreover, our translation service includes English language editing by native speakers in your field, so you can be assured of the quality of the language in your final paper.